Anyway, now that’s all over… Who’s up for a challenge?!
Ever since I started baking, I’ve always been fascinated by pâtisserie. I’ve seen on tv all those wonderful French pâtisseries with their delicious delights in the windows and have made a vow to get over to Paris sometime soon to try them for myself.
But making delights like these is far beyond the home baker like myself, right? WRONG! I’ve found that with a little bit of guidance, skill, know-how and patience anyone can make delicious pâtisserie in their own home. So that’s the aim of this challenge. I’ve teamed up with the lovely Lucy from BakingQueen74 to bring you this blogging link-up and give you a gentle push to explore outside your comfort zone and take a leap into this sweet sweet world.
Our definition of pâtisserie for the challenge is very wide and also includes viennoiserie e.g. croissants, pastries and so on. Anything you might find in a Pâtisserie cookbook is fine! There is no theme for this month, so do link up any pâtisserie recipes you post in June using the linky below, and check the guidelines below.
Perfecting Patisserie Challenge Guidelines
- Post your pâtisserie recipe on your blog.
- You can link up any pâtisserie or viennoiserie recipe. Sometimes there may be a special theme, so keep an eye out for that. If you’re not sure if your recipe is right for the challenge, just tweet us at @thecraftylarder or @bakingqueen74 to check.
- Use the Perfecting Patisserie badge (above) in your post and link back to me at The Crafty Larder and Lucy at BakingQueen74.
- Please link up new blog posts only (not old).
- Use the linky below to enter.
- It’s fine to join in with other challenges as well if your entry meets their criteria, and you can enter up to 3 entries per month, per blog, if you like.
- The challenge will run until the 28th of each month. The hosting blog will post a full round up at the end of the month.
- On Twitter, tweet your entries to @bakingqueen74 and @thecraftylarder and use the hashtag #PerfectingPatisserie and we will RT all we see.
- All entries will be pinned to a dedicated board on Pinterest.
- Please remember not to publish recipes from books etc on your blog without permission, to respect copyright. If you are using a recipe from a website, please link to the recipe.